Find the right doctor or specialist for your food allergy or intolerance.

Dermatologists / allergists

Some food allergies cause skin problems. It is therefore sensible to visit a dermatologist in order to get the right diagnosis.

Diabetes specialists

Diabetes specialists are involved in treating diabetes mellitus and can also support you after the diagnosis.


If a food allergy or intolerance has been diagnosed, you are recommended to visit a nutritionist in order to adjust your diet to your individual needs with the help of a professional. Consulting a nutritionist will give you a great deal of information about the dietary connections between physiology, biochemistry and allergies. After a food allergy or intolerance has been diagnosed, the doctor will suggest you talk to a nutritionist.


Gastroenterologists are involved with diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract and the organs associated with it, i.e. the liver, gall bladder and pancreas. Because a food allergy or intolerance is often accompanied by gastro-intestinal problems, you will need to visit a gastroenterologist in order to obtain a definite diagnosis of coeliac disease through a biopsy, for example.